ATHOL ROAD MEDICAL CENTRE
Bulk Billing General Practice
Booking is essential !
Phone : (03) 9574 1718
Established since 1996, Athol Road Medical Centre has supporting our local community for more than 30 years. We provide broad range of medical services , especially child health , men and women health as well as acute and chronic medical care .
We would like to introduce Dr Dzung Le - Consultant Paediatrician. She is a consultant specialist - specialising in all facets of child health especially developmental issues e.g ADHD, autism, Asperger's syndrome and paediatric skin problems.
We are open 6 days per week Monday to Saturday .
Our GPs BULK BILL all consultations for patients who hold a current valid Medicare card.
Please phone the clinic on 9574 1718 for an appointment to minimise waiting time.
Booking is highly recommended to see your doctor. We prefer that you book an appointment to see our doctors but if your child or yourself is very sick or the matter is urgent, let our receptionist knows and we will see you as soon as possible.
Walk- in patients will be seen at the next available appointment.
Covid-safe environment : we endeavour to provide a covid-safe environment at our medical centre, you might be asked when telephoned our staff about covid triage questions prior the booking or attendance to ensure a covid-safe environment as much as possible for our patients .
- In case of an emergency call : 000
- For medical needs outside of opening hours please call Home visiting doctor service on 13 74 25 or attend the nearest hospital emergency department. A report will be send to your doctor from this service in the following day. It is advisable you should see your doctor to following up your problem .
- Nurse-on-Call 1300 60 60 24
- Psychiatric emergency on call – Triage 1300 369 012
Home visits are offered to our regular patients who live within a reasonable distance from the clinic who have a medical condition that prevent them from attending the clinic. This will be at the doctors’ discretion. Fees will apply.
Our practice aims to optimize your health by using the reminder system as part of preventative health care. You may receive a letter or a SMS to remind you of a review or a repeat blood tests or investigations .Please inform us if you do not want to be part of this.
It is the patient’s responsibility to book a follow up appointment for all test results as our receptionists are not qualify to give results on the phone. Our doctors must also follow the legal obligations on the ways they convey medical information as set out in The Victorian and Federal Government Privacy. While we attempt to make urgent recall to patients of results that need immediate actions, please do not assume that if you have not been called that the results are normal.
- All valid medicare card holders will be bulked bill ( GP only )
- Specialist consultant consultation will be charged private fee . A valid GP referral is required for medicare rebatable ( please ring our receptionist staff for further informations )
- Oversea visitors, pre- employment / taxi medical assessment , No-valid medicare holders will be charged privately. Please refer to the fee structure at reception.
- Consultations under Workcover and TAC will be charged privately for the initial consultations until your workcover / TAC case is approved from your employer / TAC as there is no rebate from Medicare for these services.
- Dressings , suturing and plasters will be charged private fee to cover material cost as there is no Medicare rebate for these items and need to be settled on the day before you leave the clinic. An additional $10 may be charged to your account if not settle on the day.
TELEPHONING THE DOCTOR
We understand that there may be times when you need to speak to your regular doctor. If the doctor is with a patient, a message will be taken and your call returned at the doctor earliest convenience
TELEHEALTH can be provided for our current patients only ( T&C apllied )
- Men’s health including erectile dysfunction , prostate check .
- Women’s Health including antenatal care , contraception and Pap smear
- Paediatrics include baby checks, immunisation, developmental problems, common illnesses
- Immunisation : all ages from newborn to seniors
- Chronic diseases such as diabetes , hypertension, asthma, chronic obstructive airway disease, arthritis …
- Travel medicine - please book to see our doctors at least 4 weeks before departure to discuss any special immunisation that you may need.
- Mental health include mood disorders, anxiety , depression and supportive care prescription of medicine
- Life style issues such as smoking, alcohol, diet, stress management and weight loss.
- Pre-employment & Taxi medical assessment : it is recommended to see your regular doctor , a private fee is payable on the day of the assessment (as Medicare rebate is not covered for these services )
- Ear wax cleaning under microscopy : safe and efficient procedure to remove of wax from ears
REFERRALS AND RENEW PRESCRIPTIONS
Please note that our doctors DO NOT backdate referrals or medical certificates. We abide by best practice and would need you to make a short appointment to see the doctor if you need any ongoing prescriptions or referral to a specialist as it is a legal requirement for the doctor to refer only after thorough consideration.
Our practice has a policy of protecting the privacy and confidentiality of all patient’s personal health information. Your privacy is our business. Patients of our practice have the right to access their personal health information under the Privacy Act ( Privacy sector 2000 ).Fees will apply.
With a variety of offerings to choose from, we're sure you'll be happy with us. Look around our website and if you have any comments or questions, please feel free to contact us.
Thanks for visiting our website
After hour care: 13 74 25
For urgent medical attention outside of normal hours attend your nearest casualty department. In an Emergency ring 000.